GIVE Foundation Fundraiser
Empower GIVEʻs people, projects and partners around the world to overcome the challenges of the pandemic.
Over the last decade, our local staff and community partners have been the heart and soul of the GIVE experience. They have been the driving force behind our positive impact and the lifelong inspiration for more than 6,000 past volunteers who have become more engaged global citizens.
In June 2020, we launched a COVID-19 Relief Fundraiser to provide critical assistance to our GIVE family in Nicaragua, Tanzania, Thailand, Laos, and Nepal, as they navigated the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic. Thanks to the success of that fundraiser, we have been able to re-employ dozens of our closest friends and colleagues around the world, sustain projects that took years to build, and keep our community tourism partners on their feet until tourism returns.
Now, as some of our international programs begin to rebuild while others wait for borders to reopen, we are launching this fundraiser to support GIVEʻs people, projects, and partners across the finish line. Your donations will directly support:
- People: Reemployment opportunities and benefits for our incredible local staff abroad.
- Projects: Funding for teacher salaries, student scholarships, womenʻs empowerment, elephant conservation, agricultural training, and literacy & computer science education.
- Partners: Financial support for our community partners until travelers return.
Someday very soon, all of our volunteer programs will be back in action and our global GIVE family will be back to doing what we do best. Until then, we’re asking for your support and expressing our sincerest gratitude. Together, we can keep this movement alive and stronger than ever for many years to come.
From our GIVE family across the globe – tupo pamoja from Tanzania, ruam mer gun from Thailand, puak hao from Laos, sabai sangai jahnae from Nepal, estamos juntos from Nicaragua, and he wa’a he moku; he moku he wa’a from Hawai’i. We’re all in this together.
Thank you so much for your support!
Your donations directly support:
|Reemployment opportunities and benefits for our local staff abroad.||Funding for education, conservation & community development.||Relief for community tourism partners affected by the pandemic.|
Be an Active Supporter!
Create a Facebook Fundraiser
Help us expand our reach by creating an individual fundraiser on Facebook. This is a quick and effective way to share your personal story within your own network. As an active supporter, while receiving donations to support our host communities around the world, you’ll also receive raffle tickets for a chance to win a free GIVE trip! Learn more about being an active supporter!
In a world without COVID-19, our talented team of guides, education coordinators, worksite managers, mahouts, drivers, chefs, engineers, and so many other important team members would be working full-time to facilitate our international volunteer programs from May-August and December-January every year. However, with GIVE trip postponements, as well as limited employment opportunities and government assistance available during this economic downturn, our local teams have been hit particularly hard by the pandemic.
This Fundraiser is our critical first step in getting them back to work. As often as possible, our goal is to use these funds to reemploy our local staff in maintaining and developing our existing project initiatives, which are further outlined in the sections below. In situations where local public health guidelines and/or necessary personnel make it difficult for certain staff to be reemployed, we have provided additional benefits to help ease the immediate economic burden.
#2 Students4Students & Other Ongoing Projects
Funding for teacher salaries, student scholarships, elephant conservation, womenʻs empowerment, agricultural training, nutritional school gardens, and literacy & computer science education.
Tanzania: Grant-Aided Public School
- Your donations fund year-round teacher salaries, school maintenance projects, and development of the nutritional student garden at the Skuli Ya Kairo GIVE in Kairo, Zanzibar.
Thailand – Elephant Welfare, English Education & Nutritional School Gardens
- Your donations support a full-time English teacher and nutritional student gardens for schools in the rural hill-tribe communities of Muang Khong, as well as wages for mahouts (elephant caretakers).
Laos – Student Scholarships & Regenerative Agriculture Training
- Your donations fund scholarships for more than ninety students, as well as agricultural training to drive production, efficiency & ecological benefits for local farmers in the rural village of Sop Chem.
Nicaragua – Preschool, Literacy & Computer Science Education
- Your donations fund teacher salaries and school supplies for pre-school and literacy education on Little Corn Island, as well as Computer Science and English education at the Bottle School in Jiquilillo.
Nepal – Primary Education & Women’s Empowerment
- Your donations fund teacher salaries & educational supplies for the primary education of more than 30 students, as well as the construction of a Women’s Center in the rural community of Paslang.
#3 Relief for Community Tourism Partners
Supporting local small businesses, community cooperatives, and social enterprises to weather the economic downturn until tourism returns.
GIVE was founded upon the idea that international travel, when facilitated with purpose and integrity, can have profoundly positive impacts on the communities we visit, the wilderness we explore, and the people who participate. Over the last decade, we have formed lasting partnerships with ethically operated tourism providers, wildlife sanctuaries, womenʻs cooperatives, restaurants, guesthouses, and so many other small businesses that are expanding opportunities and driving sustainable growth in their communities. Our partners are the foundation of GIVE’s operations in each country, but many of them are struggling to make ends meet in the wake of the pandemic. We are proud to use our platform to offer relief to these local, social entrepreneurs until tourism returns and they’re back on their feet. Check out our Global Alliance to learn more about GIVEʻs community tourism partners around the world.
Other ways you can GIVE!
Create a Facebook fundraiser! Follow these easy steps to create your own individual fundraiser. Engaging your network with your personal story will immensely help us reach our goal.