GIVE Foundation Fundraiser Toolkit
GIVE Fundraiser Supporters
for your commitment to support GIVE’s host communities and projects abroad! Creating an individual fundraiser is the best way to rally your friends and family to join you to empower people around the world!
Last year, more than 300 past volunteers raised OVER $75,000 USD with their individual fundraisers! These donations allowed us to continue supporting our people, projects, and partners in our host communities – how incredible is that!? And, by creating an individual fundraiser, while receiving donations to support our host communities around the world, you’ll also receive raffle tickets for a chance to win a free GIVE trip! Here’s simple instructions on how to start your fundraiser.
How to have a successful fundraiser
CREATE YOUR PAGE
Create and personalize your fundraiser. Let the world know why you’re passionate about supporting GIVE’s people and projects!
Involve your community
Engage your friends and family to support your fundraiser! Invite them to your page, email your page, and share on social media!
Get creative to share your fundraiser! Always thank your supporters for their donations. And, receive raffle tickets for a chance to receive a free trip!
& Win a trip! Receive a raffle ticket for every $100 raised in your individual fundraiser for a chance to win a free GIVE trip! And receive a free GIVE sweatshirt if you raise $400 or more!
What You’re Fundraising For
Your fundraising for the local leaders you met on your trips and continuation of the projects you worked on hand-in-hand with the local community members. This fundraiser will support our local people, projects, and partners around the world. We are sincerely grateful and cannot thank you enough for your involvement.
Reemployment opportunities and benefits for our incredible local staff abroad.
Funding for teacher salaries, student scholarships, womenʻs empowerment, elephant conservation, agricultural training, and literacy & computer science education.
Financial support for our community tourism partners until travelers return.
Click “show more” to learn more or head over to our main fundraiser page here.
Empower GIVEʻs people, projects and partners around the world to overcome the challenges of the pandemic.
In June 2020, we launched a COVID-19 Relief Fundraiser to provide critical assistance to our GIVE family in Nicaragua, Tanzania, Thailand, Laos, and Nepal, as they navigated the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic. Thanks to the success of that fundraiser, we have been able to re-employ dozens of our closest friends and colleagues around the world, sustain projects that took years to build, and keep our community tourism partners on their feet until tourism returns. Now, as some of our international programs begin to rebuild while others wait for borders to reopen in 2022, we’re launching our Reunite the World Fundraiser to push our people, projects, and partners across the finish line. Your fundraiser will directly support:
Create Your Individual Fundraiser
you could win a free GIVE trip & sweatshirt
Individual Fundraisers are hands-down the most effective way to rally around the communities we love! The power of collective action will keep the GIVE fam alive. Your fundraising page will only take 5 minutes to set up. Follow these easy steps to launch your fundraiser! You’ll enter a drawing for a chance to win a free GIVE trip for every $100 raised!
- How much do you want to raise? We encourage you to start with a $300-$500 goal! You can continue to raise your goal if you reach it before your fundraiser ends.
- Are there prizes? Yes! Receive a raffle ticket for every $100 raised for a chance to win a free GIVE trip! And, if you raise $400 or over, you’ll receive a GIVE sweatshirt!
- When should your fundraiser end? Setup your fundraiser to run for 14 days from the start date.
- What’s the title of your fundraiser? Create your own, or use “GIVE: Empower People, Projects & Partners Abroad”
- Why are you raising money? Copy & paste the information below into your fundraiser description. We highly encourage you to tell your personal story and really make this template your own!
Step 2: Personalize your fundraiser – Share your story and why you’re passionate – and add a cover photo from your trip (or choose a photo from our resources below)!
Click to Expand Example Text for your Fundraiser Description
Note: We highly encourage you to personalize this template so that itʻs heartfelt coming from you. Make sure to open with a personal introduction about your GIVE experience and how these people and projects impacted your life. If you participated in the 2020 fundraiser, make sure to thank everyone who donated last time and ask for their continued support!
Friends and family, Iʻm asking for your help with a Fundraiser that means a great deal to me and so many others around the world.
In (year), I volunteered in (country) with GIVE Volunteers, an incredible organization thatʻs working to increase access to education, preserve the environment, and empower social entrepreneurs around the world. Throughout my trip, GIVEʻs local guides and project coordinators were the heart and soul of the experience. They were the driving force behind our positive impact and the inspiration for my fellow volunteers and I to become more engaged global citizens.
Last year, GIVE launched a COVID-19 Relief Fundraiser to provide critical assistance to their local leaders and community partners in Nicaragua, Tanzania, Thailand, Laos, and Nepal, as they navigated the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic. Thanks to the success of that fundraiser, GIVE has been able to re-employ dozens of local staff around the world, sustain projects that took years to build, and keep their community tourism partners on their feet until travelers return.
Now, as some of GIVEʻs international programs begin to rebuild while others wait for borders to reopen in 2022, Iʻm launching this fundraiser to help push GIVEʻs people, projects, and partners across the finish line. Your donations will directly support:
- People: Reemployment opportunities and benefits for GIVEʻs incredible local staff abroad.
- Projects: Funding for teacher salaries, student scholarships, womenʻs empowerment, elephant conservation, agricultural training, and literacy & computer science education.
- Partners: Financial support for GIVEʻs community tourism partners until travelers return.
I humbly ask you to support this campaign thatʻs very near and dear to me and so many others. From our GIVE family across the globe – tupo pamoja from Tanzania, ruam mer gun from Thailand, puak hao from Laos, sabai sangai jahnae from Nepal, estamos juntos from Nicaragua, and he waʻa he moku; he moke he waʻa from Hawaiʻi. Weʻre all in this together.
Thank you so much for your support!
Step 3: Select “create” for your Fundraiser to go live on/after November 1, 2021! Great job – you’ve launched your fundraiser!
Step 4: Share away! Invite friends and family to your fundraiser, post on social media and email it to your network. Read below on how to make your fundraiser a success!
Win a free GIVE trip!? Receive a raffle ticket for every $100 raised to enter a drawing for a chance to win a free GIVE trip! Fundraisers that raise $400 or more will also receive a GIVE sweatshirt!
Ensure Your Fundraiser is a Success
Tips & Strategies
Once your Fundraiser is Set Up…
Tips to make your fundraiser a success!
- Invite ALL your Facebook friends to join your fundraiser and/or text your fundraiser link to everyone you know
- Reshare your fundraiser! Share frequently to your Facebook page, instagram, DM’s, and all social media! Here are SM templates to share. You can text your fundraiser link too!
- Update your supporters! Here’s projects descriptions and photos to share.
- Share your progress with your community as you gain donations
- Thank your donors! Be sure to comment a “thank you” on their donation.
- Email your network with your fundraiser link (download an email template here!)
Instagram, TikTok & Other SM Strategy
We can’t leave Instagram and other social media out of the equation, can we??
- Download these Instagram templates to share on Instagram stories (it’s the last 3 images in the album)! Watch this Instagram Tutorial for how to add your own photo on the template!
- Post photos from your trip on your feed and stories. Share how these communities impacted you and why you believe it’s important to provide support. Tag @givevolunteers to be featured on our Instagram!
- Share your Facebook Fundraiser on your Instagram Stories and Feed for people to donate & help you reach your goal (from Facebook, tap the “share” arrow at the top)
- Post stories with the “donation” button – search and select “GIVEVolunteers” for people to easily donate from your story
- Add your fundraiser link or https://www.givevolunteers.org/donate your bio. In your posts, always direct people to your link in bio or include a link to donate.
- Helps us gain exposure to provide more support to the communities we love!
- Like, comment, and share GIVE’s posts related to this fundraiser.
- Repost GIVE’s posts to your story to share about the fundraiser.
Daily Fundraiser Template Posts
After inviting ALL your friends and family to join your fundraiser, the single most effective way to ensure your fundraiser is a success is to post every day about the incredible people and projects you’re supporting. Post photos and stories from your own trip and we’ve also created daily posts you can share in your fundraiser and on your social media with your fundraiser link! We encourage you to make the posts your own and swap in your own pics as well! You can find post templates here or scroll down to the resources section!
It’s pretty simple – the more often you post and engage your supporters, the more people you will reach, the more donations you will receive, and the greater impact you will have on our host communities.
Email & outreach strategies
It’s refreshing, personal, and very effective to also connect with your network off Social Media (especially with family friends)!
- Emailing your friends and family goes a long way! Here is an email template you can download and use.
- Texting and calling are really effective! Share your GIVE experience, ask if they’d considered donating, and send them the link to your fundraiser (or if they don’t have Facebook, include our fundraiser page or Venmo @GIVEfoundation).
No social media? No problem!
No problem at all. You can still leverage your network in a variety of ways! First, create an individual fundraiser with GoFundMe here (you can find instructions on setting up your fundraiser here). Then, share your fundraiser with your network!
- Emailing your friends and family goes a long way! Here is an email template you can download and use.
- Texting and calling are really effective! Share your experience, ask if they’d considered donating, and send them the link to your fundraiser (or, donations can be made through our main fundraiser page here or Venmo @GIVEfoundation).
Your work can get involved too — Double your efforts with employer donation matching! Most companies have corporate matching programs that you and your family and friends can utilize! Corporate matching is a type of philanthropy in which companies financially match donations that their employees make to nonprofit organizations – it’s free and multiplies your efforts!
Contact your employer’s HR or community giving department to see if they have a corporate matching program or search your company here. See if they can match what your fundraiser accumulated or any individual contributions. Remember to ask your friends and family if their company matches donations to nonprofits! Employers can find GIVE Foundation on Guidestar.org and/or we’re happy to provide any info needed!
Photos, Templates & One Time Donations
Daily Fundraiser Social Media Posts/Captions:
We created a checklist and day-by-day post templates to post in your fundraiser for your supporters (and across your social media!). We encourage you to share your photos to tell your story as much as possible during your fundraiser. And, we’ve also compiled additional photos in the section below.
Photos and Social Media templates to share:
We encourage you to share your photos to tell your story and support your fundraiser! We’ve also compiled photos for you to post on your Instagram, Facebook, and across the board! Want a cool social media story template to share about your fundraiser? Click the button below to find our Instagram Story Template that you can add your personal photos to and share. Watch this video to see how to add images as well!
Email your network!
No problem at all. You can still leverage your network in a variety of ways.
- Emailing your close friends and family can go a long way. Here is an email template for you to use. Try directly emailing people rather than one email with a huge list of recipients. It will take longer but is much more effective!
- Texting and calling really works! Start by sharing your story about your GIVE trip and communities you worked with hand-in-hand, then ask if they’d be interested in learning more about GIVE’s Fundraiser in response to the pandemic. Add that it would mean a lot to you if they consider donating! You can direct them to the main fundraising page here or Venmo @GIVEfoundation if that’s easier.
One Time or Recurring Donations
Tax-deductible, one-time or recurring donations can be made on our website here or to our Venmo account @GIVEfoundation