Expanded Safety ProtocolsWe care about the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and local host communities
Expanded COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Travel with Confidence: we care about your health and safety
Since well before the COVID-19 pandemic, GIVE has always been dedicated to exceeding industry standards when it comes to participant safety and risk management. With over 6,000 participants since 2012 and over 900 reviews from past volunteers, our unparalleled safety record speaks for itself. As we begin to reopen our international programs, we have enhanced our health and safety protocols to mitigate the unique risks associated with COVID-19:
Volunteers must provide proof a negative COVID test within 72-hours of travel
Health & safety guidelines provided pre-trip & during trip orientation
Increased disinfecting standards for accommodations, meals & vehicles
& personal protective equipment requirements
COVID vaccinations required for most GIVE trips*
*GIVE reserves the right to update COVID health and safety protocols for the safety of our volunteers, staff, and host communities.
HEALTH, SAFETY, & RESPONSIBILITY PROTOCOLS:
We fully understand and respect the severity of COVID-19, and have taken unprecedented measures to increase your safety while facilitating trips that will ignite new passions and personal growth.
GIVE is committed to the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and host communities. We are adhering to the health, safety, and COVID-19 recommendations of the CDC, WHO, Adventure Travel Trade Association in concert with the Cleveland Clinic, and local authorities. Please review our enhanced health and safety protocols below, which will continue to be updated as necessary.
PRIOR TO YOUR TRIP:
- Depending on the location, all participants must provide either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours of their departure. COVID vaccinations are required for most trips. Results must be provided prior to departure.
- Participants will be asked to cancel their trip if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. GIVE will issue a full refund upon receipt of a doctor’s note.
- Requiring GIVE employees to be fully vaccinated and self-certify before that they have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms prior to each trip. Anyone experiencing symptoms will be required to stay home and seek medical guidance.
- We ask that participants come ready for adventure and willing to embrace our COVID-19 prevention measures prior to and during our trip; and that they stay informed, and communicate openly.
DURING YOUR TRIP:
- Upon arrival, participants will be asked basic COVID-19 screening questions by your guide(s).
- Enhanced hygiene procedures will be enforced (i.e. no sharing of water bottles, daily sanitization of shared spaces and equipment)
- Practicing social distancing by decreasing the number of guests on our trips, maintaining a family unit, and keeping 6 feet of physical distancing from those outside our family unit wherever possible.
- GIVE will adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local public health and worker safety guidelines, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of State, the Washington State Department of Health, the Washington State Safe Start plan, and the University of Washington
- Masks will be required whenever physical distancing is not possible
- The majority of the trip will take place in remote outdoor spaces, where it is unlikely to come in contact with other people outside of our GIVE group.
- Open communication between participants and guides regarding participant health
- If a participant exhibits signs/symptoms of COVID-19, the participant, along with anybody in their immediate group, will be removed from the group and isolated for further screening.
Safety & Risk Management
Want to read about our ongoing safety and risk management practices that exceed industry standard?