Expanded Safety Protocols
Expanded COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Travel with Confidence: we care about your health and safety
Since well before the COVID-19 pandemic, GIVE has always been dedicated to exceeding industry standards when it comes to participant safety and risk management. With over 6,000 participants since 2012 and over 900 reviews from past volunteers, our unparalleled safety record speaks for itself. As we begin to reopen our international programs, we have enhanced our health and safety protocols to mitigate the unique risks associated with COVID-19:
All volunteers are required to be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of travel
Health and safety guidelines provided pre-trip & during opening orientation
Strict disinfecting standards for meals, vehicles, and accommodation
Social distancing and personal protective equipment requirements
HEALTH, SAFETY, & RESPONSIBILITY PROTOCOLS:
We fully understand and respect the severity of COVID-19, and have taken unprecedented measures to increase your safety while facilitating trips that will ignite new passions and personal growth.
GIVE is committed to the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and host communities. We are adhering to the health, safety, and COVID-19 recommendations of the CDC, WHO, Adventure Travel Trade Association in concert with the Cleveland Clinic, and local authorities. Please review our enhanced health and safety protocols below, which will continue to be updated as necessary.
PRIOR TO YOUR TRIP:
- All participants must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken no earlier than 72 hours prior to their departure. Results must be sent to GIVE HQ prior to departure.
- Participants will be asked to cancel their trip if sick. GIVE will issue a full refund upon receipt of a doctor’s note.
- Requiring GIVE employees to self-certify before each trip start date, that they have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone experiencing symptoms will be required to stay home and seek medical guidance.
- We ask that participants come ready for adventure and willing to embrace our COVID-19 prevention measures prior to and during our trip; and that they stay informed, and communicate openly.
DURING YOUR TRIP:
- Upon arrival, participants will be asked basic COVID-19 screening questions by your guide(s).
- Enhanced hygiene procedures enforced (i.e. no sharing of water bottles, daily sanitization of shared spaces and equipment)
- Maintaining social distancing by decreasing the number of guests on our trips and maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing wherever possible.
- GIVE will adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local public health and worker safety guidelines, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of State, the Washington State Department of Health, the Washington State Safe Start plan, and the University of Washington
- Masks will be required whenever physical distancing is not possible
- The majority of the trip will take place in remote outdoor spaces, where it is unlikely to come in contact with other people outside of our GIVE group.
- Open communication between participants and guides regarding participant health
- If a participant exhibits signs/symptoms of COVID-19, the participant, along with anybody in their immediate group, will be removed from the group and isolated for further screening.
Safety & Risk Management
Want to read about our ongoing safety and risk management practices that exceed industry standard?