TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- GIVE welcomes and accepts volunteer Applicants who are open and willing to learn about, experience and show respect towards the local culture in the host country and communities where programs are located.
- Any persons who are 14 years of age or older may apply. GIVE offers trips for various age groups. Participants must meet the minimum age requirement for their trip by the day of their departure. GIVE welcomes both students and non-students.
- Participants whom are under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardians signature on the trip registration forms.
- All Participants must be physically, mentally and medically capable to participate in all projects and activities included in the program. GIVE may require a medical form and doctor’s release in some circumstances.
- Each Participant must complete and submit the GIVE Application. This does not commit or bind Applicants to GIVE programs; each Applicant must be accepted before they are eligible to participate in GIVE programs.
- GIVE will contact each Applicant to inform them of his/her a) acceptance into the program b) non-acceptance, or c) pending application due to a need of more information.
- If accepted, GIVE will notify the Applicant by email OR mail and enclose instructions regarding completion of the GIVE Program Agreement.
- The GIVE Program Agreement must be completed and submitted to the GIVE office with a $450 non-refundable deposit. The deposit does not expire; it is good for a life. Refer to our cancellation policy below for additional details.
- Participants can select their Program on a first-come, first-served basis in the order that their GIVE Program Agreement and deposit(s) are received.
- If a Participant’s trip preferences change from the original departure date, the Participant may revise the dates of the GIVE Program Agreement. If the Participant’s departure date preference changes after submitting the GIVE Program Agreement, the volunteer participant should contact GIVE offices via email with new program placement preferences. GIVE will adjust departure dates according to the Participant’s preference (subject to space availability).
GIVE knows that you care about how we use your information and we appreciate your trust. GIVE respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. When you sign up, apply, or complete GIVE’s registration form, you give us certain information (such as name and email address). If you make a purchase, we collect payment information, contact information and details of what you bought. The information you provide is used to respond to your inquiries and contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
The $450 deposit and GIVE Program Agreement, bearing a Participant or guardian’s signature, must be submitted in order to participate on a GIVE Program. The trip deposit and add-on deposit(s) are non-refundable and non-transferrable to a different individual, but are valid for life!
Trip deposit(s) and add-on deposit(s) are non-refundable and nontransferable because these monies permit GIVE to execute and provide: customer support, trip preparations, maintain programs annually while GIVE is not operating trips, make necessary reservations and arrangements, and confirm volunteer Participant’s commitment to participate in the Program. GIVE will reserve volunteer Participant’s Program placement dates upon receipt of the non-refundable deposit(s) and completed Agreement (subject to availability).
FINANCIAL DUE DATES
Any and all payments associated with GIVE Program costs are due to GIVE HQ on or before 70 days prior to a Participant’s departure date. GIVE will provide volunteer Participants with a final invoice, showing a payment summary and any balance due, via the Volunteer Profile 70 days prior to a Participant’s departure date. GIVE charges a $50.00 fee for late payments. Participants may contact GIVE for payment options, if necessary.
If GIVE does not receive full payment 70 days prior to departure and no prior arrangements have been made with GIVE HQ, then GIVE will assume the Participant has cancelled their GIVE Program. Once cancelled, Participant’s placement for the GIVE Program and/or specific departure date is not guaranteed, even if a Participant becomes reinstated.
GIVE reserves the right to move a Participant’s Program dates for the GIVE Program within a reasonable amount of time per GIVE’s discretion.
What’s Included In Your Trip Cost
GIVE’s Program Cost Includes:
- All accommodations during the Participant’s specified GIVE Program dates
- At least three (3) meals per day on all trips and add-ons, except on volunteer arrival and departure days, when included meals will be based on flight arrival and departure times
- All cultural and adventure activities listed on program itinerary
- National park fees
- All Program ground, water, and air transportation in the host country
- All organization and associated fees charged in the host country
- Orientation(s) in host country
- Program management and program arrangements
- Administration and recruitment costs
- GIVE Team Leaders with training in Emergency Response and Outdoor Leadership
- GIVE travel informational packet and information to prepare for GIVE programs
- All materials, staffing & government permissions to complete GIVE volunteer initiatives
- GIVE T-Shirt or Hat
GIVE’s Program Cost Does Not Include:
- Air transportation to the host country and all other associated air taxes, ticket fees, and any country departure taxes
- All transportation and accommodation costs prior to and subsequent to the Participant’s program dates
- Medical and travel/trip cancellation insurance (required)
- Passports (required), travel visas (where necessary) and any vaccinations or medications (if required by Participant’s physician)
- Any additional, optional activities available for Participants not listed on program itinerary
- Academic or Internship credit
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If a Participant chooses not to attend a GIVE Program, Participants must inform GIVE HQ in writing via e-mail or mail with confirmation receipt by GIVE. No verbal cancellations will be accepted. Any and all monies cannot be transferred to a different Participant. In addition to informing GIVE of the cancelation, Participants must also inform their travel insurance provider, flight booking agent, or airfare provider of the cancellation. If the reason for cancellation falls within the covered benefits of the Participant’s insurance policy, then the participant must first contact the insurance provider and file a claim for reimbursement of funds. If the Participant’s insurance claim is denied, Participant may then submit proof of denial to GIVE, and the Cancellation Policy below will apply.
Since GIVE is liable to 3rd party vendors for any and all financial commitments made on behalf of Participants for necessary program arrangements prior to departure dates, upon GIVE’s receipt of a Participant’s written cancellation, Participants will incur cancellation charges associated with expenses and costs suffered by GIVE for the Participant’s Program. The date of cancellation is defined as the date that GIVE received the Participant’s written cancellation notification.
All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to a different person than the Participant. Deposits are, however, good for life as long as the Participant cancels in writing at least 70 days prior to departure. If the cancellation is within 70 days, below Cancellation Policy will take effect.
Because GIVE makes financial commitments on behalf of Participants prior to departure dates, cancellation fees are applicable per person based on days before cancellation as follows:
Cancellation Dates & Corresponding Fees
If you cancel your trip with…
70 days or more prior to departure: All deposit(s) are non-refundable and non-transferable, but good for life!
69 to 50 days prior to departure: Loss of 50% of total program cost, excluding non-refundable deposit(s). A $150 fee reinstates non-refundable deposit(s) or applies deposit to the remaining balance of an existing trip.
49 to 31 days prior to departure: Loss of 75% of total program cost, excluding non-refundable deposit. A $225 fee reinstates non-refundable deposit(s) or applies deposit to the remaining balance of an existing trip.
30 days or less prior to departure: Loss of 100% of total program cost, including non-refundable deposit(s).
Failure to show up: Loss of 100% of total program cost, including non-refundable deposit(s).
Please note that the above cancellation policy does not include airfare.
Any cancellation refunds will be processed at the end of the GIVE scheduled program term. There will be a $50 administrative fee to process refunds. If cancellation reasons are within the terms of a Participant’s travel cancellation insurance policy, then the Participant must inform his/her insurance carrier and file a claim for possible reimbursement.
See below for the policy if GIVE cancels your trip.
Cancellation due to COVID-19 or Force Majeure
If GIVE cancels or POSTPONES your trip…
GIVE will not be responsible for any trip delay, alteration, cancelation, or failure to perform its obligations pursuant to these Terms if caused by Force Majeure or forces of nature, foreseeable or unforeseeable events, or circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Such circumstances include but are not limited to acts of God, lightning strikes, earthquakes, floods, storms, explosions, fires and any natural disaster; pandemics or epidemics; acts of war, protests, terrorism, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, sabotage and revolution; and strikes.
The terms and conditions for cancellations due to COVID-19 or force majeure are as follows:
In these rare cases, GIVE will provide Participant with a lifetime travel credit equal to 110% of the amount the Participant has already paid towards the balance of his/her trip to be used on any future trip with GIVE. Participant’s trip payments will become nonrefundable due to the unrecoverable losses GIVE incurs. These travel credits are valid for life and can be utilized towards any future GIVE trip. Rebooking time constraints may apply to receive this benefit and these constraints will be unique to each Force Majeure event and circumstance.
- Receive a 110% travel credit: Receive a travel credit equal to 110% of the amount you have already paid towards your trip. These lifetime travel credits can be used on your rescheduled trip or any future trip with GIVE.
- Free and unlimited trip changes: We are now waiving our transfer fees and giving you the flexibility to change your trip dates and/or location as many times as you need, free of charge, up until 70 days prior to your trip start date.
- Transfer to friends, family or GIVE’s nonprofit: You can now transfer your travel credits to friends and family who have not previously registered for a GIVE trip, or choose to donate the dollar amount of your travel credits to the GIVE Foundation’s COVID Relief Fundraiser.
- Stay locked into our current pricing: Prices for future trips will be increasing by approximately $200-$400 due to the expanded COVID-19 safety precautions implemented on our trips. If you choose to rebook, you will stay locked into our current prices.
- Keep your spot secured: Most of the volunteers whose trips were postponed due to COVID-19 have already rebooked onto one of our scheduled trips in 2021 and 2022. Therefore, we already have limited spaces available on our future trips and remaining spots will fill up quickly. By rebooking on a future trip as soon as possible, you can make sure to travel on your preferred dates to your preferred destination.
Travel credit cannot be refunded for cash value or combined with any other future discount. Travel credit can only be transfered or gifted to a family member or friend one time. Travel credit will be void if any refund amount is issued. Travel credit is applicable to travelers who’s trip was canceled by GIVE due to force majeure or an unavoidable event, such as a pandemic or natural disaster.
GIVE reserves the right to modify and/or change the Program itinerary without notice. Every reasonable effort will be employed to operate the Program as planned; however, should unforeseen events and conditions require the itinerary to be altered or cancelled, GIVE reserves the right to do so for the safety and best interest of the group. If these issues occur and GIVE is forced to cancel a Program, GIVE will attempt to rebook the Participant to an alternate program, subject to conditions and availability, and Force Majeure Terms and Conditions will apply.
In the event that a dispute shall arise between parties to the Program Agreement with regard to any of the provisions or the performance of any Terms and Conditions of the Agreement, volunteer Participant agrees that the exclusive venue for dispute resolution shall be King County Superior Court in Seattle, Washington.
TRAVEL/TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE
All Participants are required to secure travel/trip cancellation insurance for the duration of the GIVE Program. Participants should select their own insurance policy specific to their individual needs with related policy conditions.
It is important that Participants thoroughly read and review any insurance policy, specifically in regard to cancellation circumstances. GIVE is not responsible for any travel/trip insurance actions, exclusions or omissions.
GIVE requires Participants to submit their proof of travel/trip cancellation insurance to the GIVE office no later than 60 days prior to the date of their departure.
All Participants are required to secure medical insurance to cover the Participant while abroad for the duration of the GIVE Program. Participants should contact their current medical insurance provider to find out if their policy includes overseas coverage. If any Participant does not have medical insurance, Participants may obtain an insurance policy that includes both travel/trip cancellation and medical coverage.
GIVE requires volunteer Participants to submit their proof of medical insurance to the GIVE office no later than 60 days prior to the date of their departure.
GIVE requires all volunteer Participants to advise the GIVE office of any pre-existing or current medical condition and/or allergies either on the GIVE medical form or by e-mail. GIVE is not responsible for any omissions in regards to the volunteer Participants’ medical information.
GIVE recommends all volunteer Participants take GIVE organized flights to the host country(s) for the purpose of smooth, uninterrupted arrival departure. If volunteer Participants cannot take GIVE organized flights, then they must contact GIVE regarding alternate travel plans.
ADDITIONAL DOMESTIC TRANSPORTATION IN HOST COUNTRY
Domestic transportation within the host country is provided by GIVE within the confines of the GIVE itinerary; any additional travel requirements or arrangements outside of the GIVE itinerary must be paid for by the participant.
GIVE provides orientation meeting(s) in the Participant’s host country(s) as well as an interactive debriefing seminar before the end of the excursions. The orientation(s) are conducted by GIVE Program Leaders in the host country(s) with the purpose of preparing Participants. The final debriefing seminar is an interactive meeting meant to gain insight from our Participants about our Programs and volunteer initiatives.
GIVE will provide information on Volunteer Initiatives to Participants via email prior to their departure date. Information sent to Participants will describe project goals, host organization background and facts, accommodations, meals, volunteer tasks, suggested reading material, a packing list supplementary to the website packing list, health and safety considerations and more.
All GIVE groups will be accompanied by a GIVE Program Leader to collaborate with the host organization, facilitate group discussions, supervise volunteer activities and promote the Participants’ safety. GIVE reserves the right to modify volunteer projects without notice, subject to unforeseen conditions.
MEALS ON THE GIVE PROGRAM
Participants are encouraged to try local foods to authenticate their experience abroad. During both the program, GIVE will provide at least three (3) meals a day from local cuisine. Participants will be encouraged to explore local restaurants and eateries on the Adventure portion of the trip. Participants must inform GIVE HQ of dietary needs either in their application or via email. Vegetarians can be accommodated. GIVE can accommodate most but not all dietary needs; in such certain cases, Participants may need to supplement the included meals at their own expense. Participants with food allergies (or other allergies) must ensure that GIVE is aware of such allergies and the severity of the allergies.
Updated October 16, 2020