Nepal Trip Length: 13 Days, Cost: $1995
Here’s a glimpse into all that awaits you in Nepal
Rebuild homes destroyed by the 2015 earthquake | Teach English to local children | Embark on a whitewater rafting trip | Explore the ancient city of Bhaktapur | Trek to Everest Base Camp or the Tibetan Frontier
Trip Commencement: Group arrives in Kathmandu and heads to our accommodations near Boudhanath (The Great Stupa), a UNESCO World Heritage site. Meet your guides, recover from your flight, and prepare for your journey while exploring the bustling streets of Kathmandu and the Thamel marketplace.
Travel from the Kathmandu valley into the foothills of the Himalayas, passing through deep river gorges, rolling green hills and terraced rice paddies on your way to the district of Gorkha. Settle into your home for the next week and witness the first of many sunsets over Mt Manaslu, the 8th highest peak in the world!
Volunteering in Gorkha: Wake up each day to the sun rising over the Himalayas. After breakfast, we’ll begin work on our English education and earthquake reconstruction projects. Volunteer until lunchtime and then break for a couple hours before returning to the project site for the rest of the afternoon. In the late afternoon, we’ll head out on a variety of adventure and cultural immersion activities before dinner: Nepali cooking and language lessons, playing sports with locals, learning to make local handicrafts, and exploring nearby temples, museums and villages!
Head down the mighty Trishuli River on a wild whitewater rafting expedition with class 3 rapids. After a full day on the river, we’ll camp on the riverbanks and gather around the bonfire for a Nepali drum circle with our local guides.
Travel back in time to the medieval city of Bhaktapur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site on the outskirts of Kathmandu, to immerse yourself in the streets and temples of the historical medieval city! Reflect on your journey as the sun sets over towering Hindu temples and prepare for your next adventure with our EBC or Tibetan frontier add-on!
- All accommodations within Nepal, which have access to basic amenities and security
- All group transportation within Nepal
- All meals throughout your trip (country specific exceptions)
- All of your epic adventure and cultural immersion activities
- Funding toward volunteer projects
- Drinking water 24/7
What’s Not Included?
- Flights to/from Nepal, along with associated air taxes, ticket fees, and any country entry/exit taxes.
- Medical and Traveler’s Insurance
- Passport and visa (specific to host country)
- Vaccinations (specific to host country)
Extend Your Stay in Nepal & trek to Everest Base Camp!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Trip Length: 13 days Cost: $1895
- Trek to the gateway of Mount Everest after your Nepal Excursion.
- Witness the most spectacular mountain scenery on the planet, passing through lush forest, rhododendron groves, roaring waterfalls and Sherpa villages on your way to Everest Base Camp.
- Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to stand face to face with the tallest mountain in the world!
Earn Academic Credit Abroad: deepen your understanding of the country you’re visiting and the projects you’re supporting by taking GIVE’s accredited course! Learn More Here.