Costa Rica Itinerary
Trip Length: 11 Days
Here’s a glimpse into all that awaits you in Costa Rica
2-day white water rafting trip | Sloth and jaguar rescue support | Cloud forest excursions | Zip-lining and night safari | Sustainable forest farming | Caribbean beaches
Trip Commencement: Meet your GIVE team leaders at the Liberia airport and enjoy your welcome dinner in Liberia.
Travel through the epic vistas of the Costa Rica highlands, passing lakes and volcanoes to reach the incredible Cloud Forest. Spend the afternoon zip-lining through the canopy and enter the jungle for a night safari to see sloths, dart frogs, and other amazing creatures of the forest.
Start the day with a beautiful waterfall before continuing your journey south to the Caribbean coast.
Settle in to your new jungle home amongst howler monkeys and dart frogs in the heart of a primary forest. Here you will help ensure food security for indigenous communities while learning how to sustainably farm in harmony with the forest. Experience the deep connection local tribes have with the jungle and even spend a night camping under trees as wide as houses. Visit a jaguar rescue center and stunning beaches where you’ll soak in the rasta vibes of the Caribbean.
Costa Rica boasts some of the best white water rafting in the world! Spend 2 days battling class III-IV rapids while winding through deep canyons and spending the night camped on the Pacuare river.
Trip End: Spend your last moments with your group, who now feel like family, and enjoy time in Costa Rica’s capital city, San Jose, before heading home.
**THIS IS A SAMPLE ITINERARY WHICH IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- All accommodations within Costa Rica, which have access to basic amenities and security
- All ground transportation within Costa Rica
- All meals throughout your stay (exceptions on arrival/departure day based on travel time)
- All of your epic adventure and cultural immersion activities
- Funding for volunteer projects
- Drinking water 24/7
What’s Not Included?
- Flights to/from Costa Rica, associated air taxes, ticket fees, and country entry/exit taxes.
- Medical and Travelers insurance (required)
- Passport and visa (specific to your citizenship)
- Vaccinations (specific to host country)